Stop waiting. Start doing.
停止等待,开始行动吧。

It's all too easy to tell ourselves that once we lose twenty pounds , we'll be happy,
对自己许诺总是太过简单,我们总是告诉自己,只要减掉20斤肉,我们就会快乐起来。

or once we have more free time, we'll start reading more and working out.
或者,只要我们有更多的空余时间,我们就会开始多读书,多锻炼

We think we're too busy now to do that thing we want to do,
我们觉得现在自己太忙了,还不及做想做的事

or we'll be happy once we've done that thing,
而只要我们完成想做的事,我们就会开心起来

but we haven't even started working on it.
我们只是开没开始动手做而已

News Flash : You'll always be busy.
告诉你一则快讯:你会一直忙碌下去

Or you'll be tired.
或许你终于有了时间,可是你已经十分疲惫了

Or someone else will need your time.
又或者有其他人需要占用你的时间

Or you'll feel like you don't have enough knowledge or skill to start.
又或者,你感到自己知识匮乏,能力欠缺,不足以开始着手

Something always comes up.
总会有什么事会横在你面前

There is no perfect time.
你总找不到完美的时机

There is always something you can use as a reason not to start.
你总能找到某种介口,作为你不曾开始行动的理由

If you're looking for a reason not to be happy now, you'll find it.
如果你在寻找此刻不够快乐的理由,你一定会找到

Inaction is one of the biggest time wasters.
无所行动是最浪费时间的状态

The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago.
如果你想要种一棵树,最好的时间是二十年前

The second best time is now.
第二好的时间是,此刻

Plant the tree.
去种下那棵树吧

You aren't getting any younger,
你不会比现在更年轻

and nothing is going to change unless you take things into your own hands and change them.
什么都不会改变,直到你把事情掌控到自己手中,改变它们

The most valuable thing you can do is just get started.
你能做到的最重要的事情就是从现在开始动手

Don't overthink it.
不要思虑太多

Do something.
开始行动就好!

翻译:小木